DEVELOP THE NEXT FOOD-TECH TECHNOLOGY IN EUROPE WITH US.
Start: As soon as possible
Location: Zürich, 100%
THE FELFEL TECHNOLOGY TEAM & YOUR IMPACT
FELFEL is a Start-up based in Zürich, Switzerland. The company has revolutionized how people eat at work with its intelligent technology or ‘the FELFEL fridge’. The company is among the fastest growing start-ups in Switzerland with over 50 employees.
FELFEL's technology team, of 7 engineers, has built the heart of FELFEL's product and is responsible for the company's success as a leading European foodtech company. The team of seven developers consists of Front-End Developers, Back-End Developers, Data Scientists, and a Mobile Developer.
As a team member of the technology team, you will work very directly with our founders, the CTO, our other teams (product, growth, sales, support, etc.) to improve the experience for our end-customers eating at work every day, as well as for our internal users of our technology.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Lots of good (like really good ;)) food: just steps away from your desk – we make all food dreams come true…
- Modern way of working: we use the latest technologies and offer lots time flexibility to individual team members (it matters ‘what’ you do not ‘when’ in the day).
- Beautiful office in Zürich, Switzerland: a large open space on the top floor with lots of room to hide or room to socialize also with other team members. And of course, there is free lunch every day at our long, wooden table. P.s. there is a Lausanne office too where you can escape every now and then if you like…
- International start-up atmosphere: the company language is English – our team is very diversified and consists of over 10 nationalities.
- Work with direct impact: Exciting backend challenges to solve that will have very direct impact on our product.
- Very little red tape. If you like to get things done using the latest in tech rather than talking about it, you'll feel right at home. You work directly with the CTO and other decision makers in the team (very little hierarchy).
- Great place to work: we are a family business with strong values & beliefs - a great, warm-hearted team is waiting for you
- Relocation support if you are based outside of Switzerland. We know that moving can be a challenge in terms of housing & documentation – we will do our best to make it as smooth as possible
- Great team: we are very selective – and only hire the best chess players, cooks or video gamers ;)
- Develop the back-end for our core technology, which allows us to manage the inventory of all our fridges in real-time, manage our cooled supply chain, and sell products to our end-customers
- Develop tools for our internal teams (sales, support, operations, finance) to more efficiently run the business, and work closely with our mobile and UI-focused team members to integrate their front-ends with our backend services.
- Continuously improve and maintain systems to ensure we have high performance, up-time, and strong security in place
WHO YOU ARE:
- Python is your language: Experienced backend software developer with broad back-end programming skills in Python (Python is really a MUST!) and you are able to build production-ready software that integrates with the work done by our data scientists. You will also shape the whole architecture of services and data stores that you will eventually own
- The ideal degree: Computer Science or related field
- Microservices: You understand distributed systems (microservice) architecture and APIs
- A little communication skills would be great: You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Curiosity is key: We like to learn new, fail fast and explore new territories - so do you. The answer is ‘yes’
- In case you are interested: In case you enjoy building UI’s for internal usage, there will be possibilities to do so (but it won’t be your focus)
- Some kind of sensitivity for good food (hey, we are very open..) would be great :)
- You never smell like cigarettes and don’t smoke during the day: FELFEL is about healthy living
HOW YOU APPLY:
Interested? Then please send your CV to email@example.com including a short motivation letter why you are the person who should take on this role.
Please make sure to mention the job title 'PYTHON BACK-END DEVELOPER SENIOR' in the subject line!
WHO WE ARE, THE FELFEL COMPANY
FELFEL revolutionizes how people eat at work with smart technology. The intelligent fridge 'FELFEL' makes it possible - good food all day long for employees at work by the best local chefs.
Over 30'000 employees in Switzerland already benefit from a FELFEL fridge at work in over 250 companies.
FELFEL is a family-owned company and supports small, local producers in Switzerland. Sustainability is a core company value. The company has won several prestigious awards, among others the Swiss Economic Forum Award in 2017.
The company was founded in 2013, and counts over 50 employees today. Friendship, respect, 'eating good food together' are key elements of its company culture. More insights on our company and our team you can find on our LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and of course our Website.